The following could be potential internal reasons for delayed payments:
1) Some new payment accounts are flagged for review by the processing bank. In these cases, the review can take up to 24 hours on business days but usually less. The Race will NOT be able to accept transactions until the payment account is approved by the bank. The best way to avoid this issue is to be sure that all the information provided is as accurate as possible.
2) As an anti-fraud measure, there is a short payment hold on newly approved payment accounts. We recommend you set up your payment account as early in advance of your race as possible to avoid delays in receiving payments once you open registration.
3) Mailed check payments require a minimum Balance owed of $200 or when the oldest transaction is ≥ 30 days. If your Balance Owed is below $200, the check will be sent to you when the oldest transaction is ≥ 30 days. If you would like to avoid this delay, we recommend switching to the Direct Deposit payment method. For more information, see here.
The following could be potential external reasons for delayed payments:
1) Direct deposit payment may fail to deposit to your bank due to incorrect account information. Our Finance Team will reach out to you when this happens. Once the bank account is updated, the payment will be re-sent and should reflect on your bank account in 2-3 banking days.
2) Check payment sent to the incorrect address. You can view/update the address where a lost check has been sent by navigating to Profile -> Payment Accounts -> Manage -> Edit Payment Account. Once an address is updated, please contact email@example.com and request to void and reissue a lost check to the new address.
For more information, see the answers to the question "Where are my Race proceeds? What happened to the rest of the money owed?"