How to Manage Group
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Find Group/Team Manage Settings
- Group Details
- Join & Share
- Team Name & Passwords
- Delete a Group
- Social Settings
- Race Group Administrators
- Group Members
- Frequently Asked Questions
RunSignUp's "Group" feature allows you, as the participant, to self-manage your own group information, which means you don't need to contact the race director for issues regarding group creation, joining and editing.
Find Group/Team Manage Settings
You can view/manage your Group/Team by following the steps below:
- Sign In to RunSignUp
- Go to your Profile
- Navigate to the Groups tab
- Click your Group/Team Name
- Share, update details, and manage your Group/Team on this page.
The "Group Details" section will list the current settings of your group. This table will include the "Race Date", the date the group was created, the "Group Type", and the "Number of Members" in the group, and if applicable, the "Group Size", "Gender Restriction", and "Age Restriction".
Note: These settings are not open for editing after the initial group creation process. If you would like to modify any of these settings, you will need to contact the race directly, and they will be able to make the changes for you. Their email is listed in the "Race Contact Info" section of the race page and confirmation email.
Join & Share
The section for "Join & Share" houses the networking resources group members will need to spread the word about their group and encourage others to join. The "Registration URL" row includes the link to a specialized "SignUp" page that is preset to add the registrants to that particular group, and the "Send Email" button allows you to send this link out to potential members via email. Also included, in the "Twitter" row, is a Twitter share button that will let you easily tweet about your group to your friends. The "Get Embed Code" button allows you to embed the entire team page into your own website. The "Join Group/Team" button will take users directly to the specialized "SignUp" page for that group.
Team Name & Passwords
If you click on the "Update" button, you will be able to edit both the "Group/Team Name" and the "Optional Password".
Note: If you have forgotten your password, then the "Update" section is where you need to go in order to change it to something new.
Delete a Group
To delete a group entirely, you will need to contact the race directly. Their email is listed in the "Race Contact Info" section of the race page and confirmation email.
The "Social Settings" button allows you to customize your group page by adding a logo and social networking links.
To add your group’s logo, click on the button for "Choose File", and select the logo image that you would like to use.
You can use the corresponding text fields to enter in your "Facebook Page URL" and "Twitter Username". Once entered, these links will appear in the "Join & Share" section of your group page.
Race Group Administrators
Aside from the race director, and those with race director permission, "Race Group Administrators" are the only other users with the ability to modify the group information.
You can add as many "Race Group Administrators" as you would like by clicking on the button for "Add Administrator".
"Race Group Administrators" can be removed by clicking on the "X" next to their name.
IMPORTANT: Setting a user as a "Race Group Administrator" does not automatically add them to the group.
Underneath each "Race Group Administrator's"email address, you have the ability to either "Enable" or "Disable" the notifications sent to that user pertaining to the group.
Under the "Group Members" heading, you will find a listing of all the members in your group.
Members can be added by clicking on the button for "Add Member", and then searching for them by name and email.
IMPORTANT: Members can only be added, if they are not already in a group.
Members can be deleted by clicking on the Trash Can Icon in line with their row of the table, and then hitting the button for "Yes, Remove Member".
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why do I not see this option?
A: This Race does not have this feature enabled for Participants or does not currently allow Participants to edit this portion of their Registration. Please contact the race directly with any further questions by using the "Contact This Race" link at the bottom of the Registration Management page.
Q: How do I reset my Group/Team password?
A: You can reset your Group/Team password by logging on to RunSignUp with the account that has is admin/captain of the Group/Team. Scroll down to Groups/Teams and click on the "Edit Name/Password" link.
Q: How do I change my Group/Team name?
A: You can change your Group/Team name by logging on to RunSignUp with the account that has is admin/captain of the Group/Team. Scroll down to Groups/Teams and click on the "Edit Name/Password" link.
Q: How do I create/join a Group/Team after registration is completed?
A: You can create a Group/Team after registration via Manage Registration. Log on to RunSignUp > Profile > Upcoming Events > Manage Registration > Groups/Teams menu > Create New Group/Team OR Join Existing Group/Team.
Q: Why is my registration not showing in my profile?
A: Don't worry! Most of the time you are registered, but your registration is just associated with a different account. Here are reasons why this happens:
- Your registration is associated with a sub-account of another user.
- Someone registered you for a race using their account, so you were created as a sub-account.
- Your registration was imported.
- A lot of races will process entries manually. You just need to claim your uploaded account as described here
- You used a different email address to register.
- You can merge accounts with different email addresses by following the guide here
- You did not complete your registration.
- First look to see if you are registered on this race's "Find a Participant" page. If you still do not see yourself and have a charge on your credit card that has posted, please contact email@example.com. If you do not see yourself here, and you also have no charge on your account, then you are not yet registered.
- You registered under a typo.
- If you find your registration on the race's "Find a Participant" page, but you don't see it under your account (and you have claimed ALL possible accounts as explained above), then you may have registered under a typo. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.