How to Join an Existing Group
Group’s are set up by a "Group Administrator", and then can be joined by any registrant who meets the criteria for that group. If you would like to join an existing group, then this tutorial will teach you how to do so either during or after registration.
Join a Group During Registration
- Navigate to the Race Page of the race
- Click Sign Up to begin the registration process
- Enter in all participant information
- Select your event
- Answer "Yes" for the question "Would you like to join a Team?"
- Click Continue
- Select the group/team you would like to join from the drop down menu
- If a password is required, enter in the password your Group Administrator set. **Remember passwords are case sensitive.**
To begin joining an existing group, click on the button for "Group/Team" next to your Event selection.
Once the "Group/Team" window pops up, make sure that you are under the tab for "Join Existing Group/Team".
Join a Group After Registration
- Sign In to RunSignUp
- Go to your Profile
- Navigate to Upcoming Events.
- Click Manage Registration next to the registration you would like to add to a team
- Click Group/Team on the left-hand sidebar
- From the pop-up select Join Existing Group/Team
- Either select a Group/Team from the dropdown or Search Groups/Teams
- Click Continue
View Your Group/Team Options
Click on the “Group/Team” tab, and the default view allows you to see your "Current Group/Team" information.
Join an Existing Group/Team
Click on the tab for "Join Existing Group/Team", and then you will be given the fields needed to join this group.
Joining a Group
Once under the "Join Existing Group/Team" tab, you will have two options for locating the team you want to join.
You can either scroll through the "Select Existing Group/Team" drop down menu, or you can start typing in the name of the team you would like to join in the "Search Group/Teams" section, and select the correct team from those that appear below the text field.
If you are registering with multiple people on the same transaction, they will automatically have the same team selected for them.
Some team types are restricted to allow only "All Male" or "All Female" teams. This decision is made by the director of each individual race, and is commonly set up this way for scoring purposes. For more information on whether a team can be set as "Coed", please contact the race directly by going to the “Race Page”, scrolling down to the “Race Contact Info” section, and filling out the “Questions” field.
Saving a Group
If you do meet the requirements, and you are joining the group after registration, then you will receive confirmation that your group information has been updated.
Once you have completed the registration process, then you will be added to the group.
If you leave the registration process before completing your transaction at the checkout, then you will not be added to the group.
Please note that if you are registering multiple people at once, then you will need to go to each registrant on the transaction and select which group they will be joining. RunSignUp will not assume that each additional registrant will be assigned to the same group as the first person who joins a group.
You will notice that any participants assigned to a group will have the group name next to the event that they have selected to register for, and it will say “No Group/Team Selected” for those who are not yet assigned to a team.
To simply join the same group as another registrant, open up the “Group/Team” window, and select the group from under the “Groups for Other Registrants” section.
If you are creating your group after the registration process, then make sure all of your group settings are correct, and click on "Update Group/Team".
Please note that some races may require you to pay in order to join a group. In these cases, fill out your "Credit Card Payment" information, and then click on "Update Group/Team". If you have a question about the group setup fee, please contact the race directly, by going to the race page, scrolling down to “Race Contact Info” section, and filling out the “Questions” form.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why do I not see this option?
- Your registration is associated with a sub-account of another user.
- Someone registered you for a race using their account, so you were created as a sub-account.
- Your registration was imported.
- A lot of races will process entries manually. You just need to claim your uploaded account as described here
- You used a different email address to register.
- You can merge accounts with different email addresses by following the guide here
- You did not complete your registration.
- First look to see if you are registered on this race's "Find a Participant" page. If you still do not see yourself and have a charge on your credit card that has posted, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not see yourself here, and you also have no charge on your account, then you are not yet registered.
- You registered under a typo.
- If you find your registration on the race's "Find a Participant" page, but you don't see it under your account (and you have claimed ALL possible accounts as explained above), then you may have registered under a typo. Please contact email@example.com.
A: This Race does not have this feature enabled for Participants or does not currently allow Participants to edit this portion of their Registration. Please contact the race directly with any further questions by using the "Contact This Race" link at the bottom of the Registration Management page.
Q: How do I reset my Group/Team password?
A: You can reset your Group/Team password by logging on to RunSignUp with the account that has is admin/captain of the Group/Team. Scroll down to Groups/Teams and click on the "Edit Name/Password" link.
Q: How do I change my Group/Team name?
A: You can change your Group/Team name by logging on to RunSignUp with the account that has is admin/captain of the Group/Team. Scroll down to Groups/Teams and click on the "Edit Name/Password" link.
Q: How do I create/join a Group/Team after registration is completed?
A: You can create a Group/Team after registration via Manage Registration. Log on to RunSignUp > Profile > Upcoming Events > Manage Registration > Groups/Teams menu > Create New Group/Team OR Join Existing Group/Team.
Q: Why is my registration not showing in my profile?
A: Don't worry! Most of the time you are registered, but your registration is just associated with a different account. Here are reasons why this happens: