How to Edit Group Password
Group passwords allow you to limit the members of your group to only those who know the password. In some cases, you may forget your password or enter it in incorrectly during the time of group setup.
If you need to update your group password, then this section will show you how to easily do so as the group administrator from your RunSignup Profile.
- Sign In to RunSignup
- Go to your Profile
- Click My Groups/Teams
- Click the EDIT GROUP NAME/PASSWORD button
- Enter a new password into the Optional Password field
- Click Update Group/Team
Create or Edit a Group Password
To change or set a group password, log into the account of the group administrator, and go to the Profile page.
From there, go to the Groups tab, find the group that you want to edit the password for, and select Edit Group. This is where you can edit the password.
Remove a Group Password
To remove a group password, simply clear out the password field and save the password field as blank.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why do I not see this option?
- Your registration is associated with a sub-account of another user.
- Someone registered you for a race using their account, so you were created as a sub-account.
- Your registration was imported.
- A lot of races will process entries manually. You just need to claim your uploaded account as described here
- You used a different email address to register.
- You can merge accounts with different email addresses by following the guide here
- You did not complete your registration.
- First look to see if you are registered on this race's "Find a Participant" page. If you still do not see yourself and have a charge on your credit card that has posted, please contact email@example.com. If you do not see yourself here, and you also have no charge on your account, then you are not yet registered.
- You registered under a typo.
- If you find your registration on the race's "Find a Participant" page, but you don't see it under your account (and you have claimed ALL possible accounts as explained above), then you may have registered under a typo. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
A: This Race does not have this feature enabled for Participants or does not currently allow Participants to edit this portion of their Registration. Please contact the race directly with any further questions by using the "Contact This Race" link at the bottom of the Registration Management page.
Q: How do I reset my Group/Team password?
A: You can reset your Group/Team password by logging on to RunSignup with the account that has is admin/captain of the Group/Team. Scroll down to Groups/Teams and click on the "Edit Name/Password" link.
Q: How do I change my Group/Team name?
A: You can change your Group/Team name by logging on to RunSignup with the account that has is admin/captain of the Group/Team. Scroll down to Groups/Teams and click on the "Edit Name/Password" link.
Q: How do I create/join a Group/Team after registration is completed?
A: You can create a Group/Team after registration via Manage Registration. Log on to RunSignup > Profile > Upcoming Events > Manage Registration > Groups/Teams menu > Create New Group/Team OR Join Existing Group/Team.
Q: Why is my registration not showing in my profile?
A: Don't worry! Most of the time you are registered, but your registration is just associated with a different account. Here are reasons why this happens: