If your race is made up of multiple events, then you will be able to manually switch participants from one event to another. If you need to learn how to do this, then this help section will guide you through the process.
As a Race Director
RunSignUp gives the ability for Race Directors to change a Participant’s Event within a Race right from the Race Dashboard.
Please note that doing an event transfer as a race director may lose some event specific information (e.g. teams). If possible, have the participant do the transfer through their profile as this will have the registrant step through the registration process again to ensure that all event specific information is entered. This also allows the participant to pay any additional fees which they may incur as a result of the transfer.
IMPORTANT: Even if the event they are transferring into is more expensive, event to event transfers performed by the race director will transfer the registrant at no cost to them. In order to collect the difference in costs between these events, you will either need to have them pay you in person, or have them perform their own event transfer.
If you want to learn how to allow all participants to transfer to another Event from their Profile you can do so here.
If you need to learn how to transfer a Participant to a different Race you can do so here.
- Sign In to RunSignUp
- Go to your Race Dashboard
- Use the "Search by Name, Bib, E-mail, etc." box at the top right to find the registration
- Click Manage (making sure that it is the correct Event Date)
- Click Transfer to Another Race
- Confirm Registrant Information
- Select if you would like to remove them from this race
- Select which Race of yours you would like to transfer to
- Select which Event within this Race you would like to be entered in
- Click Continue
- Confirm that the columns match and click Continue
- Make any additions or changes in the Import then click Complete Race Transfer