How to Transfer to Another Runner
If you registered for a Race that allows for Bib Transfers but not sure on how to transfer your registration, then this article is for you!
How to Transfer to another Runner
If the Race you registered for enabled Bib Transfers, then you can transfer your registration via Manage Registration.
The Transfer to Another Runner option can be found by logging on to RunSignUp, navigating to Profile > Upcoming Events > Manage Registration > Transfer to Another Runner. Depending on the Race page's theme, the Transfer to Another Runner option can be either located on the top of the page or on the left of the page. See screenshots below for reference.
On the Transfer to Another Runner page, you will be shown your Transfer Information. Please confirm the information is correct and accurate.
Please note that the recipient can only register for the event that was transferred to them. Using the example above, the recipient for Phil's transfer will only be able to register for the 10K Walk/Run. This is the transfer limitations as shown below:
After reviewing the information above, you can enter the Recipient Information. The recipient will receive an email notification with a unique link which they can use to claim this transfer.
Next,you can complete the Transfer process by clicking on the your Transfer Type.
There are two different types of transfers.
- Registration Gift
- Registration Transfer
Transfer as Gift
When transferring a registration as a gift, you will not receive a refund of your original registration fee, though instead, your recipient is allowed to register free of charge.
Note: There is no charge for variations in event cost, even if the original entrant registered during a lower priced registration period. Also, in some cases the giver of the gift registration may need to pay a processing fee for gifted transfers if the race director has applied a fee.
If you click on “Transfer as Gift”, then a breakdown of the transfer transaction will be made available to you. If the race charges a fee for gift transfers, then enter in your credit card information in the fields provided.
Transfer for Refund
If you would like to transfer your registration and receive a partial refund, then click on the button labeled “Transfer for Refund”.
A breakdown of the transfer transaction will be available for reviewing, and if everything is correct, then hit “Transfer Registration”. You will be brought to your transaction’s confirmation page, where it can be printed out for your own records.
IMPORTANT: If the registrant does not accept the transfer, then you will not receive a refund. You will, however, still be eligible to use your registration on race day.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why is my registration not showing in my profile?
A: Don't worry! Most of the time you are registered, but your registration is just associated with a different account. Here are some reasons for this:
- Your registration is associated with a sub-account of another user
- Someone registered you for a race using their account, so you were created as a sub-account. See here to learn how to transfer the registration to your existing account.
- Your registration was imported
- A lot of races will process entries manually. You just need to claim your uploaded account as described here
- You used a different email address to register
- You can merge accounts with different email addresses by following the guide here
- You did not complete your registration
- First look to see if you are registered on this race's "Find a Participant" page. If you still do not see yourself and have a charge on your credit card that has posted, please contact email@example.com. If you do not see yourself here, and you also have no charge on your account, then you are not yet registered.
- You registered under a typo
- If you find your registration on the race's "Find a Participant" page, but you don't see it under your account (and you have claimed ALL possible accounts as explained above), then you may have registered under a typo. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: Why do I not see this option?
A: This Race does not have this feature enabled for Participants or does not allow for Bib Transfer. Please contact the Race directly for assistance. They can be reached by going to the “Race Page”, scrolling down to the “Race Contact Info” section, and filling out the “Questions” form.
Q: I registered offline. How do I transfer my registration to a different runner?
A: If you register offline, you will not be able to use the "Transfer to Another Runner" option. Please contact the Race directly for assistance. They can be reached by going to the “Race Page”, scrolling down to the “Race Contact Info” section, and filling out the “Questions” form.
Q: How do I view or edit my transfer?
A: After doing a “Registration Transfer”, you can view your “Transfers” under the “Registration” tab. From here you will have the option to “Resend” the transfer notification email to your desired recipient. You can also “Cancel” the transfer if it has not yet been accepted.
Q: How do I transfer my registration to another Event?
A: If the Race enabled Event Transfer, then you can learn how to transfer to another event here. Otherwise, please contact the Race directly for assistance.They can be reached by going to the “Race Page”, scrolling down to the “Race Contact Info” section, and filling out the “Questions” form.