How to Defer/Claim Deferrals
If you registered for the Race that allows participants to defer registrations but not sure how then this article is for you!
|What Would You Like to Do?|
How to Defer Registration
If the Race you registered for enabled participants to defer registrations, then you can defer your registration via Manage Registration.
The defer option can be found by logging on to RunSignUp, navigating to Profile > Upcoming Events > Manage Registration > Defer Registration. Depending on the Race page's theme, the Defer option can be either located on the top of the page, on the left of the page, or you can find the Defer option in the footer of either set up. See screenshots below for reference.
On the Defer Registration page, you will be shown your Deferral Information and Total Payment. Please confirm the information is correct and accurate. You can confirm deferral by clicking on the "Confirm Deferral" button.
*The $0.00 fee shown above is just an example. Races may charge you to defer a registration.
Congrats! You have successfully deferred your registration. You will receive an email notification showing details of your deferral. This can be used to claim your deferral for next year.
How to Claim a Deferred Registration
If you have already deferred your registration and are ready to claim your deferral, go to your Profile page and then click on the Deferrals tab.
Under the Deferrals tab will be a list of Deferred Races. When registration is open for the following year’s event the Complete Deferral link will allow you to transfer this deferred registration into the new year’s event.
After clicking Complete Deferral, this will bring you to the race page with information on the deferred registration. Click the Start Transfer button to complete your deferral and transfer into the current year’s race.
If the Claim Deferral option is not showing in your list of deferrals, please contact the Race directly for assistance.
You can contact the race by following the steps below.
Go to the Race Page for the race
Click Find a Participant
Verify that your deferral has not already been entered
If you do not see yourself on this list...
Click Race Info
Scroll down to the Race Contact Info section
Enter your name, email, phone number into the contact form
In the Question/Message field ask the race what the deferral status of your previous year entry is
Click Send Question
You will hear back shortly from the race director who will help with your deferred entry into the current year
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why do I not see the Defer Registration option?
A: Here are some reasons why you do not see the Defer option:
- This Race does not have this feature enabled for Participants.
- Please contact the race directly with any further questions by using the "Contact This Race" link at the bottom of the Registration Management page.
- This Race does not currently allow Participants to edit this portion of their Registration
Q: Why is my registration not showing in my profile?
A: Don't worry! Most of the time you are registered, but your registration is just associated with a different account. Here are some reasons why this happens:
- Your registration is associated with a sub-account of another user
- Someone registered you for a race using their account, so you were created as a sub-account. See here to learn how to transfer the registration to your existing account.
- Your registration was imported
- A lot of races will process entries manually. You just need to claim your uploaded account as described here
- You used a different email address to register
- You can merge accounts with different email addresses by following the guide here
- You did not complete your registration
- First look to see if you are registered on this race's "Find a Participant" page. If you still do not see yourself and have a charge on your credit card that has posted, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not see yourself here, and you also have no charge on your account, then you are not yet registered.
- You registered under a typo
- If you find your registration on the race's "Find a Participant" page, but you don't see it under your account (and you have claimed ALL possible accounts as explained above), then you may have registered under a typo. Please contact email@example.com.