TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Postpone Your Race
- Participant Decision Report
- Participant Lookup Report by Email
- Send Email to Undecided Participants
To postpone your race go to Race >> Postpone & Cancel Options >> Set up Postpone or Cancel Options and choose the option "this race was postponed to a later date."
A box will appear for you to enter the postponement date. There are three common options:
- Set the date to next year if you are not going to have your race this year. This is fairly common in our early feedback of what races are doing.
- TBD – If you are going to try to reschedule later, then you can simply mark TBD. You can change this later once you have a date confirmed.
- Set the date.
Please note, selecting this option doesn't change your race dates for you, you will need to manually change your dates for each event in Step 1 of the Race Wizard to postpone the actual race.
In this section, fill out the information that the public will see when going to your race website. This will include the web page headline and message.
Registrants will see this on when going to your race website:
Next, you can set up the options you will give participants. We have 4 default options to choose from:
- Allow registrants to indicate that they want to stay in the race to participate on the make up date. Use this option to allow registrants to let you know that they would like to stay in the race instead of receiving a refund.
- Allow registrants to indicate that they will switch to the virtual race. Use this option to allow registrants to switch to a virtual version of the race. This does not actually change the registration status. You are responsible for using the participant decision report to handle those who select this option.
- Allow registrants to indicate that they want to let your race keep the money. Use this option to allow registrants to let your race keep their registration fee to use as they see fit. You are responsible for using the participant decision report to handle those who select this option.
- Allow registrants to indicate that they want a refund. Use this option to allow registrants to request a refund. This does not actually issue a refund. You are responsible for using the participant decision report to handle those who select this option. You can use our bulk refund tool to issue those refunds.
Simply check off the options to offer them to your participants. Clicking on each one will open editable option text titles and explanations.
These decisions will not trigger any actions. This just builds a report of anyone who selected that option. You will have to do the action for them, for example issue a refund, based on their choice on the participant decision report, which we explain how to access below.
Participants will see the options either on the pop-up or in the race website:
This is an optional section. If your event was postponed because of a government order as part of the COVID-19 pandemic, you can upload a PDF of a government order and/or post a URL to the order for why your event was cancelled.
To view the decisions participants have made, go to Race >> Postpone & Cancel Options >> Participant Decision Report. You can then search the participant by name or email and filter by the decision chosen.
Use this tool to send an email to undecided participants about your race's updates to make a decision by going to Race >> Postpone & Cancel Options >> Send Emails to Participants. Participants who have already made a decision will not receive this email. You can only send one of these emails.
The email received by the undecided participants will look similar to this: