If the race has this feature enabled, then you can find it by following these steps:
- Sign In to RunSignUp
- Go to your Profile
- Click Manage Registration next to the registration that you would like to request a refund.
- Click the Request Refund menu item
- Follow the provided steps and continue
How to Request Refund
If refunds are allowed for the Race, you can request for a refund by logging on to RunSignUp > Profile > Manage Registration > Request Refund.
Once under the “Request Refund” tab, you will be able to make sure that you have selected the correct registrant and event for this refund, and a breakdown of the refund, including the deducted fees, can be found below.
When you have reviewed all of the information, and you are ready to remove yourself from the event, click on the button for “Issue Refund”. At this point, a confirmation message will let you know that you have been removed from the event.
Once processed your refund will be applied back towards the original card that was used for your registration. This should post within 5 business days of the refund request. If you do not see this refund as being credited to your account within that time frame please contact email@example.com.
Verifying Your Refund
Whether you refunded your own registration, or if the race refunded your registration on RunSignUp, you can log into your account, and view the refund, by going to your “Profile”, scrolling down and clicking on “My Refunds”
If you see the refund listed here, then the refund has been requested. Keep in mind that it may take a while before your credit card company updates your statement to reflect the refunded charge. Credit card companies could take up to a month or so to calculate the refund into your statement.
Clearing Your Transaction Within 15 Minutes
If you just registered for a race, then you will have a 15 minute window to clear the transaction before it goes to the race’s account.
If you have not logged out of your account or closed your browser down since making the transaction, then return to the confirmation page by either hitting “Back” or finding it in your browser history, and then clicking the “Clear” button.
After the 15 minutes are up, the money will be sent to the race, and you will need to request a refund as explained in the previous section for “Refunding Your Registration”.
Requesting a Refund for an Unknown or Excess Charge
If you are unsure about a charge on your credit card, then you can view all of your RunSignUp transactions by logging into your account, or the account of the friend or family member who used your credit card, going to your Profile, and scrolling down to click on “My Transactions”.
Go to “Profile”, followed by “My Transactions”, and if the transaction is not listed there, then it did not go through, and you can correct your CVV typo, and confirm the payment again.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why is my registration not showing in my profile?
A: Don't worry! Most of the time you are registered, but your registration is just associated with a different account. Here are some reasons for this:
- Your registration is associated with a sub-account of another user
- Someone registered you for a race using their account, so you were created as a sub-account. See here to learn how to transfer the registration to your existing account.
- Your registration was imported
- A lot of races will process entries manually. You just need to claim your uploaded account as described here
- You used a different email address to register
- You can merge accounts with different email addresses by following the guide here
- You did not complete your registration
- First look to see if you are registered on this race's "Find a Participant" page. If you still do not see yourself and have a charge on your credit card that has posted, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not see yourself here, and you also have no charge on your account, then you are not yet registered.
- You registered under a typo
- If you find your registration on the race's "Find a Participant" page, but you don't see it under your account (and you have claimed ALL possible accounts as explained above), then you may have registered under a typo. Please contact email@example.com.
Q: Why do I not see this option?
A: This Race does not have this feature enabled for Participants or does not allow for Bib Transfer. Please contact the Race directly for assistance. They can be reached by going to the “Race Page”, scrolling down to the “Race Contact Info” section, and filling out the “Questions” form.
Q: I paid offline. How do I request a refund?
A: Refund request for offline payments will be handled outside of RunSignUp. Please contact the Race directly for assistance.