How to Redeem Coupon Code
Certain races may offer you a coupon code for discounted pricing on transactions pertaining to registration, add-ons and store purchases, or all of these at once. This section will explain how you can redeem coupon code discounts on your RunSignUp transactions.
If the race does have this feature enabled, then you can find it by following these steps:
- Navigate to the Race Page of the race
- Click Sign Up to begin the registration process
- Enter in all participant information
- Select any Giveaways or Add-On's for each participant
- Respond to any Questions
- On the checkout screen enter your code into the Coupon Code field and click Apply
Using a Coupon Code During Registration
If coupon codes are created and accepted for the race you are registering for, then you will find the “Coupon Code” field on the checkout page.
Enter your code into the “Coupon Code” field and click “Apply”.
You will then be able to view the updated transaction information on your checkout page. If the discount information is not offering the discount that you expected, then you will need to contact the race about the issue, as explained previously in this tutorial.
Coupon Code Restrictions
Some coupon codes are created with restrictions to limit their usage.
Certain coupon codes may:
- Be specifically for use by new RunSignUp users
- Stipulate a minimum balance needed in order to be redeemable
- Be limited to a maximum number of times it can be used by a single user (while not limiting the number of registrants involved with the user’s transaction)
- Be limited to a maximum number of times it can be used by any variation of customers (whether they are reoccurring or otherwise)
- Be limited to a maximum number of registrants who can be registered using it
IMPORTANT: If you are registering multiple runners on the same transaction, and try to use a coupon code designated for a single registrant, then you will be alerted that the code cannot be applied. For coupon codes such as this, you will need to register as an individual.
If you registered for the race offline, and you would like to transfer to another event, then you will need to contact the race directly, using the “Race Contact Info” section of the race page.
Invalid Coupon Codes
If you attempt to “Apply” a coupon code, and instead receive a message that states “Failed to apply discount: Code is invalid”, then please check to make sure that you have entered the code into the field correctly. If the problem persists, then you will need to contact the race directly by using the information listed under the “Race Contact Info” section (found on both the race page and within the confirmation email). The race will be able to look up the current status of your coupon code, and from there they can either edit the code or issue you a new one.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why do I not see this option?
A: This Race does not have this feature enabled for Participants or does not currently allow Participants to edit this portion of their Registration. Please contact the race directly with any further questions by using the "Contact This Race" link at the bottom of the Registration Management page.
Q: How do I apply a coupon after registration?
Unfortunately, coupon codes cannot be applied after a transaction has already been confirmed. If you have already completed your transaction, and you forgot to use your coupon code, then please contact the race directly to learn more about their policy of using coupon codes after completing the transaction.
Q: How do I apply multiple coupons?
Unfortunately, only one coupon code can be applied to a transaction.