Nonprofits and charity partners can enable the RunSignup-Facebook Fundraiser API integration for their run/walk/rides. This integration allows individual participants to create a Facebook fundraiser through RunSignup, which will be automatically synced to their RunSignup fundraising page. To turn this on for your race, you must first meet the following two requirements:
Your race must have fundraising enabled in RunSignup.
Go to Donations/Fundraising >> Setup >> Basic Setup to enable fundraising for your race. You can find detailed instructions on how to set up fundraising for your race here.
Your nonprofit must be approved to receive donations using Facebook Payments.
When people create a fundraiser for your nonprofit on Facebook, Facebook has two ways of distributing funds to nonprofits. In order to use the integration, your nonprofit must be approved to accept donations through Facebook Payments.
Here are the steps to qualify for Facebook fundraising and donation tools:
- Your nonprofit's Facebook page category must be Nonprofit Organization or Charity Organization. To check this or change it, go to your nonprofit's page, click About, and then click Edit next to Category. Add the category that applies to your organization. You can have up to three categories, so you can keep your existing category if you like.
- Use this link to check if your nonprofit is already approved for Facebook Payments. If not already approved, you will be able to sign up here to accept donations via Facebook Payments: https://www.facebook.com/donate/signup
- This process can take about two weeks.
- Your nonprofit will need to meet the following requirements to qualify for Facebook Payments:
- Be a 501(c)(3) organization registered with the IRS.
- Have a tax ID number.
- Have a bank account registered with a licensed financial services institution. Bank account details, including the bank name, bank account holder’s name (organization’s name), a legible and official bank letter or statement dated within the last 3 months, SWIFT Code and bank IBAN number.
- The date of birth and address of the charity’s CEO or executive director.
Once you are approved, you will need to enable Facebook's fundraising and donation tools:
- Click Publishing Tools in the top menu of your Facebook Page.
- Click Donation Settings under Fundraisers.
- Check the box next to Allow people to create fundraisers
- Check the box next to Allow people to add donate buttons next to their posts.
- Click Save.
You can find more information here: https://www.facebook.com/help/1640008462980459